Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Blogger Loser

So...I have proven to be a loser with the blog entry action. Life has been busy, as usual. I've been having so much fun with the girls. Life with a newborn was very tiring for the entire Peterson family, but we made it!

Ruby is super sassy and growing up right in front of my eyes. She has been a bit clingy to me and I think that is because Lyla is so much more active now and draws more attention. She loves her new class and Ms. Becca. Most all of her friends from last year are in her class, but most importantly...Ms. Lindsey is with her again this year. That made my year! She is taking dance at New School this year and LOVES it. She looks so cute in her dance attire.

I have been trying to take Ruby on special "dates" to give her some one-on-one time. I took her to school late the other day. We went to buy her dance clothes and then to lunch. I gave her the choice of where to go and she quickly said Outside Sonic. So here we are.

Ali and I took Ruby to play tennis last weekend. Ali bought her a brand new tennis racquet that she loves. She acutally tried to give us tennis lessons instead of the other way around. She was cracking us up!


Little Lyla is a perfect angel baby. Seriously. She NEVER cries anymore. She wakes up happy and talking, goes to bed awake without fussing, laughs and smiles all of the time. Sleeps the entire night, from 8ish to 7ish. She used to get upset every single time I put her in her carseat, but never does now. I could really eat her up with a spoon. I can't believe that she is 6 months old now. Crazy baby hasn't rolled over yet, but is sitting up like a pro. She looks just like my first Cabbage Patch Kid, Flo, but with less hair. She thinks Ruby is hysterical and just loves her to pieces. Her latest thing is to stick her little tongue out.

We are really settling into more of a routine at night. I put the girls in the tub together for the first time. SOOOO cute! Ruby thinks it is hilarious. Ruby is old enough to hang out in the tub while I get Lyla out and dressed. We are having so much fun. Lyla is starting to stay awake from 5:30pm to 8:30pm so we get to play. I really miss her while I'm at work (luckily, I get to see Ruby during the day). Lyla STILL won't take formula. Each day I have to go home and make a "milk delivery" (sometimes twice) during the work day. I'm so thankful that I have a job that is understanding and flexible enough to make this work. Six more months and she'll be on whole milk. I can make it! Who can blame her...ever tried formula? Ick!

Wanted to share a couple of photos of my Great Aunt Bernice. She just turned 90 years old! She is just the sweetest lady ever. She loves my girls and really loves to have them come and visit. Recently, it was the anniversary of her daughter's death who, by the way, was killed by a drunk driver (Just a reminder to never let your friends behind the wheel after a few too many). Anyway, Lyla and I decided to go visit her and take her to lunch (Ruby was in Loisiana). We were able to prop a pillow up and Bernice fed Lyla her bottle.

This is such a cute picture of Lyla with her Uncle Buck. That man loves him some babies!

In closing...I promise to try and take more pictures and blog a bit. I may even take some pictures on something other than an iPhone. Key word: TRY...

No comments:

Post a Comment